Life, the universe, and everquest.

or why i'm not doing what i'm supposed to be doing...

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Everquest 2 and high end raiding zones

I like raiding. Not 24x7, but most of the time when I play, I'd like to be part of a challenging and interesting raid. Raiding the same target 100 times is really not too appealing to me. In walks Everquest 2, which unveiled the high end raiding zones in Computer Gaming World this month. The high end raiding zones are (drum roll please): Everfrost, Lavastorm, Permafrost and Solusek! Wow, this all sounds familiar - kinda like the original plans for Everquest 1. In fact, Permafrost and Solusek were technically the high end raiding zones of the original expansion (before fear, hate and air). Five years ago, there I was killing Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen and in 3-6 months time I'll have the privledge of doing that again if I choose. While the nostalga value is high, I wish they had gone for some originality. I'm not sure high end raiding guilds are going to be interested in accomplishing the goals of the original EQ again.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home